HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!
1. MOVIES: NATURAL BORN PRANKSTERS What better day than today to sit and watch an hour and 30 minutes of crazy pranks! “YouTube jokers Dennis Roady, Roman Atwood and Vitaly Zdorovetskiy perform a series of outrageous pranks and stunts.” MovieFone.com This one is Rated R
2. MOVIES: “GOD’S NOT DEAD 2 centers on Grace (Melissa Joan Hart), a Christian teacher, who is forced before a judge for honestly answering a question about Jesus in the classroom. With the principal and superintendent joining forces with a zealous civil liberties group, Grace faces an epic court case that could cost her career she loves and expel God from the classroom.” Moviefone.com Rated PG
3. MOVIES: MEET THE BLACKS “When some unexpected money comes his way, Carl Black (Mike Epps) moves his family from cold and windy Chicago to bright and sunny Beverly Hills, Calif. As the Blacks settle into their beautiful new home, they start to notice some strange behavior in the neighborhood. Nighttime is approaching, and President El Bama (George Lopez) announces that the annual purge is about to begin. Carl and his loved ones must now endure a 12-hour period of lawlessness before they can enjoy life once again.” Moviefone.com Rated R
4. EVENTS: “2016 Chattanooga Film Festival
Nooga.com has been covering the Chattanooga Film Festival for weeks, and four days of films, parties, weirdness and more have finally arrived. Festivities kicked off at the Hunter Museum of American Art on Thursday, but there are still plenty of activities left throughout the weekend. Daily schedules are available here. CFF organizers answer all your burning questions here. Trailers for a majority of the films are available here, hereand here. Have fun and see something amazing. Individual tickets are on sale for each movie, depending on availability.
When: All weekend
Where: 311 Broad St. (and various other locations)
How much: $75 for a day pass or $250 for VIP access” Creds to Nooga.com
5. EVENTS: “Coker Tire, Honest Charley Cruise In
The annual Chattanooga Cruise In draws thousands of classic car enthusiasts to the city for an afternoon of shop talk and viewing. More than 1,500 collector vehicles and up to 10,000 attendees are expected to be at the event from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday. The event is free to the public and will take place rain or shine. Click here for more information.
When: Saturday, April 2, 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Where: 1317 Chestnut St.
How much: Free” Creds to Nooga.com
6. MUSIC: “Gig City Productions presents Malcolm Holcombe
The same folks who brought you the Road to Nightfall competition present singer-songwriter Malcolm Holcombe Sunday evening at Barking Legs Theater. Holcombe will be joined by special guest B.J. Hightower of Chattanooga’s Strung Like a Horse. Holcombe’s music has been described as “haunted country, acoustic blues and rugged folk” by Rolling Stone. Tickets are $10 in advance or $12 at the door. Showtime is 8 p.m. Click herefor more information.
When: Sunday, April 3, 8 p.m.
Where: 1307 Dodds Ave.
How much: $10 in advance or $12 at the door” Creds to Nooga.com
7. MUSIC: “Jeff the Brotherhood at JJ’s Bohemia
Are you ready to have your mind melted? Jeff the Brotherhood will perform at JJ’s Bohemia Saturday night, along with Chattanooga’s Mad Libre and Canopy. Admission is $14, and tickets are available in advance here. Jeff the Brotherhood is a two-piece (guitar/drums) band from Nashville consisting of brothers Jake and Jamin Orrall. Expect psychedelic rock, garage, punk and pop songs that’ll encourage you to bang your head. The word on the street is that this will also be the final show for Mad Libre. Don’t miss out. Click here for more information.
When: Saturday, April 2, 10 p.m.
Where: 231 E. M.L. King Blvd.
How much: $14″ Creds to Nooga.com
8. MUSIC: “Unknown Hinson at Revelry Room
Whether you know Unknown Hinson through his music or his work as Early Cuyler in the popular Cartoon Network show “Squidbillies,” the man is a legend and enigma. Hinson will perform with his band a weird mix of rockabilly tunes at Revelry Room on Friday night. He’s much, much more than a novelty act, and his musical talent proves it. Watch him perform below. Click here for tickets.
When: Friday, April 1, 9 p.m.
Where: 41 E. 14th St.
How much: $17″ Creds to Nooga.com
9. FOOD: Taco Mamacitas is serving made from scratch fresh and tasty eats while we eat and drink in a fun laid back environment. When you go ask to check out their Tequila Flights! Open until 10PM Sunday – Thursday and 11PM Friday & Saturday on the NorthShore.
10. FOOD: “It all started with a simple idea: “Pizza, beer, and ice cream.” and the rest is history!! Community Pie’s “menu is structured in a way that allows you to order salads, pizza, wine and gelato to share at the table, and we highly encourage everyone to do so.” Get you and your friends to Community Pie this weekend! Open until 11PM