New Movies Playing This Weekend..
1. MOVIES: “On Feb. 18, 1952, a massive storm splits the SS Pendleton in two, trapping more than 30 sailors inside the tanker’s sinking stern. Engineer Ray Sybert bravely takes charge to organize a strategy for his fellow survivors.” Come check out this Drama/Disaster Film, The Finest Hours- Now Playing. Rated PG-13.
2. MOVIES: Make it a family movie night with Kung Fu Panda 3! This hilarious trilogy shows us how to live large and love life! Now playing in theaters, Rated PG.
EVENTS HAPPENING IN CHATT…
3. EVENTS: The 41st year of Chattacon is this weekend! This speculative fiction convention is being held at the Chattanooga Choo Choo and consists of workshops, performances, costume parties, robot battles, and independent films and dealers.It’s a family friendly convention happening all weekend. It costs $50 for a weekend badge.
4. EVENTS: Lookout Wild Film Festival launched at the Camp House last night (Thursday 1/28/16) and will last 4 days with film blocks scheduled through out the weekend of outdoor adventure films, special guests, and parties. The festival takes place at different locations but will mainly be at the Memorial Auditorium’s Community Theater. Click this link to view the schedule… Click Here . Tickets are $16 for entire weekend or $8 per block.
5. EVENTS: Art Garfunkel will be singing and performing at the Tivoli Theater this weekend on Saturday January 30th at 8PM. You may still be able to get tickets being sold at $47, $67, and $97. “Garfunkel’s voice has been described as “the voice of an angel” by many. Aside from his work with Simon and Garfunkel—which produced songs like “Bridge Over Troubled Water,” “Scarborough Fair,” “Mrs. Robinson” and “The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin’ Groovy)”—his impressive solo career also includes instantly recognizable songs such as “All I Know.”
6. EVENTS: Ever checked out the Grand Falloon? They are a newer event space and are continuing their popular Out Of The House concert series Sunday from 2-4PM, offering live music, dancing, and family friendly atmosphere. Danimal Planet will be performing this week. Kids under 12 get in free, and $5 for over 12 yrs.
Google Photo (Matt Stephens Project performing at Riverbend 2015)
7. MUSIC: Tonight at the Revelry Room is the Matt Stephens Project with Two Sets Of Party is one of Chattanooga’s best party bands. It’s $10 to get in but must be 18 yrs and older, showing ID at the door. Show starts at 9 o’clock!
8. MUSIC: This Saturday night 1/30/16 performing at the Revelry Room is The Power Players featuring The Preston Parris Band. Get ready! This band plays all of the best party favorites from funk, rock, R&B, and everything in between!
9. FOOD: Did you know that Warehouse Row off Market Street downtown Chattanooga has a secret Japanese inspired, neighborhood pub?? Well it’s not really a secret but it is a little hidden! Come to Warehouse Row and go all the way downstairs in the same building as The Social and Public House (some other REALLY good places to check out). You will love the atmosphere of 210 Jack and the yummy cocktails and sushi with a lengthy happy hour of 2PM to 6PM!
Google Photo- Sluggo’s
10. FOOD: Do I have any vegetarian/vegan readers out there?? If so, even if you’re not!, I have the perfect place for you to check out! It’s called Sluggo’s, ever heard of it? It’s located on the North Shore side of Chatt on Cherokee Blvd. Everything on their menu is fresh and totally vegan! You MUST check this place out! They are open until 10PM tonight and Saturday, and have a Sunday Brunch from 12Noon until 3PM!